The man who delivered Bitou from the clutches of the ANC rides again!
News with intent!
Your advertising is only as good as the people who see it – repeatedly! You want to do business with OO readers – people with money and control of corporate budgets. Click here
Oudtshoorn. 17 October 2012. 15h45.
Over the past two months there have been numerous unfounded rumours, simple gossip and also downright untruths regarding my dismissal from the DA and Bitou Council. The time has now come to set the record straight.
After 12 years of service to the DA and this town I was purged from the DA on the pretext that I owed the party R5 621 in arrear candidates fees from the last election. The truth, however, is that I did not owe the DA a cent in candidates fees or anything else. The records show, unequivocally, that the DA owed me money at the time of my dismissal.
The real reasons for my summary dismissal from the DA relate to irregularities within the DA structures in Plettenberg Bay and the Bitou Council on which I blew the whistle. I refused to turn a blind eye to them and refused to be part of the cover-up of actions which will potentially cost the people of Plett millions.
I immediately submitted detailed reports supported by documentary evidence to the DA party structures and the relevant DA Provincial Ministers and the party leader, Helen Zille. Their ONLY action to date has been to dismiss me from the party.
I am informed that Liz Mundell has stated that I was going to be dismissed on disciplinary charges anyway. The DA has never brought disciplinary charges against me, nor have they ever had reason to. For her to claim otherwise is in direct conflict with the DA’s own affidavit submitted to court.
Liz also informed the DA meeting (on 15 October) that I have been “conducting a vendetta of revenge against those who fired him” (me) Again this is not true. I am taking legal action against the DA. The DA has caused personal and financial damage to me and I have all the right in the world to bring an action against it. According to the sworn affidavit from the DA, nobody fired me from the DA, it was an “automatic cessation of membership”, triggered by my alleged non-payment of candidate’s fees. How Liz can claim I am waging a vendetta against those who fired me is again in direct conflict with the DA’s own oath submission to court.
In the interests of brevity I will not go into any detail on any of these issues here, but I am willing to allow anybody who is interested access to all supporting documentation. I will also present the documentary proof at the “Primary” debate to be held at 17h30 on 23 October in the Piesang Valley Hall.
I wish to confirm that I will be contesting the vacancy in ward 2 occasioned by the sudden and unexpected passing of Charles Dreyer, as an independent candidate and am not associated in any way with any political party, or any other interest group.
I also wish to set the record straight with regard to the false rumours being spread in this regard, as follows:
1. I am not associated in any way with Mr Hardy Mills. Mills has always been a fervent ANC supporter and vehemently opposed to me. He is in fact closely associated with the other independent candidate, Francois Geldenhuys.
2. Should the people of ward 2 elect me to council, I will continue to serve the people of Plett as I have done in the past.
3. I will work with those other councillors who are also serious about bringing good, clean, efficient and transparent governance to our municipality.
4. I will continue to root out maladministration, unlawfulness and corruption and will not, under any circumstances be a part of cover-ups or misinformation by any political party or person.
5. My record shows that I have been subjected to abuse and victimisation by both the ANC and DA for speaking truth to power and putting the welfare of the town and its people first. I have never compromised on that and I never will. What I do on council will be to the benefit of the town and its people and will not be influenced by any other considerations or affiliations.
6. It is highly unlikely that either the ANC or the DA will want to enter into a coalition with a councillor who stands for what I do. It is therefore a blatant untruth that I have already come to an agreement with anybody, least of all the ANC.
082 846 0792
Click here to send me an email